Hagal Ocean´s new generation of safe, high-performance battery solutions, the Eoh Series, has been approved by DNV GL.
–Top scores in the tests demonstrate the quality in fabrication and delivery of the Hagal Ocean solutions. The DNV Type approval is an important milestone, giving our customers and partners the confidence that our battery solutions meet the highest international standards and regulatory requirements, says William Braathen, CCO in Hagal.
Safe and reliable
Hagal Ocean´s lithium-ion batteries are based on LFP (LiFePO4) chemistry, replacing Lead Acid battery systems and internal combustion engines. Unlike more common batteries, LFP batteries use iron phosphate instead of rare and expensive materials such as nickel and cobalt. In addition to making the batteries more environmentally friendly, they are also far less flammable than many other types of battery cells.
With high performance and safety, at a lower cost, Hagal´s DNV certified solutions are challenging traditional alternatives, making battery technology the first choice.
–Our batteries are more compact and easy to install than traditional marine batteries.That is why they perfectly fit the needs for electrification in the aquaculture industry and for small and medium sized vessels. The Eoh batteries are already rolled out in several customer installations, Braathen says.
The Eoh battery series at a glance:
- Based on the safest battery chemistry, LFP
- Low installation and commissioning time
- Designed for voltages up to 860 VDC
- Low life cycle cost
- Enhanced reliability with contained power connections
- Flexible and modularised design
- Passive single-cell Thermal Runaway protection
- Scalable capacity according to vessel requirements
- Industry-proven Battery Management System (BMS)
- Remote monitoring capabilities